The annual CoderDojo Coolest Projects 2015 Awards is all about recognising, encouraging and nurturing the creativity of the CoderDojo community of young coders attending Dojo’s across Ireland and Europe!
An AWESOME new location!
We are proud to announce that the CoderDojo Coolest Projects 2015 Awards event will take place on the 13th of June at the, wait for it…..the Main Hall at the RDS, Dublin (***The venue of the of the Web Summit)!
Last years Coolest Projects Awards saw over 250 project entries from CoderDojo Ninjas from Ireland and across the EU, with 2000 in attendance on the day! This is the competitions fourth year running and due to the phenomenal growth in the popularity of CoderDojo with young people in Ireland and across Europe, the event moves from it’s previous home of DCU to the RDS. This years event is set to be the biggest and most exciting CoderDojo event yet!
Register your idea / projects for Coolest Projects 2015
The CoderDojo Coolest Projects 2015 Awards is open to submissions from ALL CoderDojo Ninjas. This year we expect a huge number of applications, so we would advise that you apply as soon as possible.
The awards were created for CoderDojo members to keep creating with the passion they bring to CoderDojo every week, we would encourage every dojo to get involved. Its all about member participation in showcasing their creativity and we have seen members advance in so many ways from confidence to presentation to programming by participating in these awards. It promises to be an excellent family day out and we are looking forward to welcoming you to the RDS in June.
Some key information about submissions:
- The Coolest Projects Awards is open to all young people (7-17) involved in a CoderDojo around the world! You must be involved in / attending a CoderDojo.
- ALL skill levels, from N00B to wizard, are accepted!
- Project participant studying at Third Level are NOT eligible to participate.
- All applicants will have to attend the event at the RDS, Dublin in person for the judging process, online video presentations are NOT accepted.
- No online, video or remote entries will be accepted
- TEAMS: This year we are accepting applications from teams consisting of up to three CoderDojo Ninjas (max) to submit their project! For group projects each member must be registered
- Remember only one project can be submitted per attendee / team so pick the most AWESOME project you’ve been hacking away on at your Dojo!
- We are aware that part of the creative process is changing your mind! You can always update / edit your project idea after you’ve applied for the competition, just let the team know.
- Projects created for other competitions can be entered.
- Submitting an application does not fully guarantee entry, If we receive more projects than the venue’s capacity, projects will be selected based on their initial application.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm GMT on Sunday, 10th May 2015!
The full set of rules can be read here!
The 2015 Categories are:
- Hardware – Robots, machines and hacks. The hardware category is for projects that use hardware, like the Intel Galileo, Raspberry Pi, Arduino or any hardware platform, to change the physical world around them using code.
- Applications (Mobile) – This applications category is for interactive mobile apps which help, inform or entertain people
- Games – The games category is for every kind of game made in any language on any technology. This category excites and engages at every level and we encourage members to develop games that excite all those who attend.
- Evolution – This encompasses the members who have taken their CoderDojo projects to the next level, it includes the latest and greatest real web applications, enterprise projects that members have launched and advanced language computation such as C++. This category is a mix of complex computing projects.
- Scratch – Anything developed on the Scratch platform from amazing games to animations.
The full set of rules can be read here.
I’m outside the EU, how can I get involved?
Registration IS open to the global community, if you apply you will have to physically attend the event. Travel bursaries are available for members in the EU, however this travel bursary is NOT available to Applicants outside the EU.
Learn more about the Coolest Projects here. Read last years blog: https://coderdojo.com/news/2014/06/09/young-coding-ninjas-have-the-cool-factor/
If you have any questions please contact:
We are looking forward all your AWESOME submissions this year!