We are so excited to announce that idea registration is OPEN for Coolest Projects online 2021! Our team members from all over the globe are coming together to host our biggest, most amazing Coolest Projects showcase yet.
That means it’s time for young people around the world to share their tech ideas with the world.
Wherever you are in the world, you can take part
Coolest Projects is taking place as an online showcase, so tech creators aged up to 18 from all over the world can share what they’re making and see their projects displayed in the Coolest Projects online gallery. Everyone is welcome! All project levels are encouraged, from beginner to advanced.
Coolest Projects is a community celebration that’s fully focused on young people and all of the COOL creative things that they’re making with code and technology. We can’t wait to see their imaginations run free!
“We are so very happy to have reached people who love to code and are enjoying projects from all over the world…everyone’s contributions have blown our minds…we are so so happy ️️Thank you to Coolest Projects for hosting the best event EVER ️️“ – mother of a participant in the 2020 online showcase
Register an idea today
In the month of February, creators can start the registration process with their initial ideas. This will make sure their spot is saved for the showcase! Then they can return and add more detail about their project when they are ready.
To register their idea, they just need to sign up for a Raspberry Pi account and answer three simple questions:
- What is their project’s name going to be? (They can change this later if they like)
- What category is the best fit for their project idea? (Scratch, Web, Games, Mobile Apps, Hardware, or Advanced Programming)
- How would they describe their project idea in a few words?
What happens next?
- Once their project idea is registered, the young people can start creating!
- From the start of March, they will be able to complete their project registrations by adding the details of their project, including either a Scratch project link or a short video, where they will need to answer three important questions about what they’ve created. We’ll be offering online sessions to give them tips for their video and help them complete their showcase gallery entry!
- Project registration closes on 3 May — but don’t worry if the project isn’t finished then: we welcome works-in-progress just as much as completed creations.
For the big finale in June, the young people will get to join our big live-streamed celebration event, where they’ll find out which projects our world-renowned judges’ have picked as their favourites.