Celebrate the world’s young tech innovators
Coolest Projects International is a world-leading showcase for young innovators who make stuff with technology. If you’re up to 18 and you’re making something with technology for fun, to solve a problem, or as a creative outlet, then we want you to come out and share your project with us! This free event will take place in the RDS Main Hall, Dublin, Ireland on 5 May 2019.
- 9 November 2018: Travel bursary applications open
- 7 January 2019: Project registration opens
- 12 January 2019: Travel bursary applications close
- 18 January 2019: We notify travel bursary applicants
- 14 April 2019: Project registration closes
- 5 May 2019: Coolest Projects International!
Participate for free
Register your project idea to participate in our showcase in Ireland together with hundreds of other young tech creators from all around the world.
The registration form is simple, and you should complete it with the adult who will accompany you to the event.
Your project does not need to be finished for you to register — an idea or the beginnings of a creation is enough!
- All projects are encouraged, in any programming language and with any hardware
- Your project can be as simple or as complex as you like
- Works-in-progress are welcome
- Participate by yourself, or as part of a team of up to five
- The showcase is open to all young people up to age 18
Your project could win an award in different categories, from games or mobile apps, to advanced programming or 3D design. Find out more about the categories.
If there is another Coolest Projects event you want to attend this year, you can participate with the same project!
Visit our event
Visit Coolest Projects International to see young people from all over the world exhibit their designs and inventions! The event is free to participate in and free to visit, because we want to inspire as many people as possible to create with technology.
Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours before they run out
You’ll get the chance to attend hands-on workshops, listen to great speakers, see awesome project showcases, and witness a wonderful awards ceremony — there will be lots of fun activities for participants and visitors of all ages!
We’ll be publishing a full schedule of activities running on the day soon.
Travelling to the venue
For the fifth year running, the Royal Dublin Society (RDS) Main Hall will be our venue for Coolest Projects International.
- Address: RDS Main Hall, Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
- The RDS on Google Maps
- How to get to the RDS
Looking for somewhere to stay? See our top recommendations for places to stay in Dublin here.
Applications for travel bursaries to participate in Coolest Projects International 2019 are now closed, and we have notified all successful applicants.
Want to help us celebrate the world’s young innovators, and have a fun day doing it? We need volunteers like you with a wide variety of skills, non-technical and technical.
Volunteers can choose to help with different aspects of Coolest Projects, for example:
- Setting up the event space
- Greeting and registering participants as they arrive
- Helping out with social media
- Supporting partipants with setting up their projects
- Supervising recreational areas or activities
Once you’ve signed up, we will contact you to confirm your role and let you know the next steps.
Is your organisation interested in the opportunity to reach an audience that is passionate about empowering youth in STEM? We have many sponsorship levels for Coolest Projects! If you’re interested, please contact our team for details.
Your donation will ensure that youth participants have the experience of a lifetime and that this free event is fun for everyone who attends. Please contact our team for more information.