Q: What is the CoderDojo Coolest Projects?
- The CoderDojo Coolest Projects is a coding awards show for young people involved in CoderDojo. The event was started by the founders for CoderDojo DCU. The aim of the event is to reward the creativity of the young people at CoderDojo.
Q: Where can I book a Ticket?
- To be announced.
- CoderDojo Ninjas that have registered a project will not need to book a ticket for the event as their place is guaranteed. Tickets need to be booked for parents attending with those who have submitted a project.
Q: How do I volunteer?
- You can register to volunteer on June 17th here.
Q: Will there be food?
- Yes, there will be food trucks and stalls at the event where you can purchase food and drinks.
- Feel free to bring a packed lunch if desired.
- Do bring a bottle of water.
Q: Where is the event located?
- The event is taking place at the RDS, Dublin on the 17th of June.
Q: How do I get there?
- Full details on how to get to the venue via airplane, train, bus or automobile here.
Q: Is there Parking on the day?
- Yes, you can park in Simmons Court which is located beside the venue. Full details here.
Q: What if I need some quiet time?
- There will be a quiet room that you can go to gather your thoughts and relax. It will have bean bags to chill out on!
Project Presenter info
Q: What level does my project have to be?
- ALL projects from beginner to advanced are accepted. CoderDojo Coolest Projects is all about recognition for those that had an idea and made it a reality using the skills they learnt at their local CoderDojo.
Q: Where can I register my project?
- You can register your project here. Please note: All levels are accepted. Projects will only be accepted from CoderDojo attendees / community members. Any questions on the process contact: [email protected]
Q: Can I update my project details after I’ve registered?
- Yes, if you have registered a project you can login and edit or update the details here
Q: What should you bring?
- You should bring your laptop along with any peripherals that you need to present your project on the day.
Q: What size stand space do I have?
- Project presenters will have a 1m x 1m stand. This stand will also include a power connection.
Q: Will there be wifi?
- Yes, but wifi on the day will be limited as the amount of people in the building grows during the day. We would advise you not to rely on using the wifi on the day to present your project and to have an offline version of your project ready to show to the judges.
- Please note the use of personal wifi dongles and hotspots is prohibited on the day. The reason for this is that this will interfere the wifi in the building and reduce connectivity for everyone on the day.
Q: Can I bring posters?
- Yes, however there is no designated area at the stand to put them up, so if you decide to bring posters please make them smaller than 1 meter squared in size.
Q: What is the OpeNet Innovator stage?
The OpeNet innovator stage is an opportunity for young people participating in the CoderDojo Coolest Projects Awards to get on stage in the Main Hall, pitching their idea and having an interview. The youth’s innovation does not have to be a proper business plan! The idea behind the OpeNet innovator stage is to give young innovators the opportunity to further enhance their presentation skills, vital for the future innovators of the world. Spaces are limited!
If you are interested in booking a space, log in to the platform and confirm your spot by pre-booking online.
All slots are 5minutes in length and will be facilitated by an interviewer who will ask you about your project or business idea. There is no option to have slides.
- All youth must be pre-booked; no children will be able to join the stage on the day.
Q: Will there be food?
- Yes, lunch packs will be provided for all CoderDojo ninjas presenting on the day. This pack consists of a sandwich, fruit and a drink. If you have any specific dietary requirements please contact us: [email protected]
- There will also be food trucks and stalls at the event where you can purchase food and drinks. Feel free to bring a packed lunch if desired. Do bring a bottle of water.
Q: Are parents allowed into the awards ceremony at the end of the day?
- Due to capacity, parents will not be allowed into the room where the Awards ceremony is taking place, it will be live streamed onto the other stages for all to watch. If you or your child has any special requirements please email [email protected] and we will accommodate you.
If you have any questions please contact: [email protected]