We recently had a chat with CoderDojo youth mentor and Coolest Projects ninja, Niall, about his experience at CoderDojo and advice for young developers.
When did you join your Dojo and why?
- I joined CoderDojo Enniscorthy because my Dad heard about CoderDojo on the radio and thought I would enjoy it.
Do you remember what you thought about coding then?
- I didn’t really fully understand what coding was then. I suppose I just thought of it as a set of instructions.
- I play Hurling, football, golf, tennis, hockey and swimming mainly. I also sing.
- My favourite project I’ve worked on so far is My Voice 2.0. I submitted it for the Coolest Projects 2016! A description and pictures can be found here.
- I first learn’t HTML and that kind of lead on to CSS. Then PHP > Java > C > C++ > Objective C > Swift
- Probably at Google or Apple.
- Give it a go. Find what you like making. Never stay to long on the one thing or you’ll get bored.